Monday, December 1, 2008

Senbazuru - Thousand origami crane


I haven't been giving my blog much love lately, partially due to laziness, but for the most part it was because I've been making not one, but TWO Senbazuru for two different customers. If you never heard of a Senbazuru, it is according to Wikipedia: "a group of one thousand origami paper cranes held together by strings. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury."

"The Thousand Origami Cranes has become a symbol of world peace through the story of Sadako Sasaki, a Japanese girl who contracted leukemia as a result of radiation from the atomic bombing of Hiroshima during World War II."

So the past two months I've pretty much been folding paper cranes like crazy, I ate, drank, breathe, and dreamt paper cranes. Whenever I had a spare moment of time I was folding cranes. It was A LOT of work, but the end result is simply amazing! It looked so pretty that I wished I could've kept it for myself.

It's amazing what beautiful things can be made from paper, isn't it? Well, that's pretty much it, just wanted to share some pictures with you all. And if you'll excuse me, I got to stop typing and give my two hands a nice warm relaxing soak before they decide to fall off. :P

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Training on scissor Liftsshould be a three prong approach consisting of classroom type training, hands on training, and then an evaluation of the skills that have been learned. Only at this point should an employee be allowed to use the forklifts without supervision.

Dav DiDi said...

Wahh, very nice ..

Anonymous said...

interesting. but it is more interesting to read about the reviews about the food. :-)

Anonymous said...

wow!! these things are amazing! love the colours!!!

http:/lezwife.today.com

Anonymous said...

that's beautiful!!

Name: Jonny said...

omg. that is too cool.

Cali-delights said...

Your piggy on the Encard banner is too cute!!

lizet frijters said...

What a beautiful piece is that. this must have been a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never seen that many paper cranes put together before. Wayy back in high school, I had to give a speech about how to fold paper cranes, and told the story about the 1000 paper cranes. People liked the story, but when it came to folding the cranes, I was basically running around the classroom trying to help everyone. Great photo!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey