Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Luck or Karma?

I don't know how many of you believe in either luck or karma, or maybe you're like me, who grew up in a culture where your parents and teachers keep telling you "if you do bad things, bad things will happen to you; if you do good things, good fortune will find you," which makes it hard not to believe in karma. I know logically it does not make any sense, but I do believe in both.

So here's the deal: before the 4th of July weekend I offered a few people a sample of my new item as a thank you for helping me out in the forums. My boyfriend and I then took an impromptu 4th of July trip down to L.A. (more on that later) and I took a break from Etsy and did not come online till Monday.
Next thing you know, I made a sale! I then message another etsy member back and forth a few times and she purchased 4 of my items!!! I also got 12 people hearted my shop the same day... hmmm... what is going on? I did a little investigation and it turns out my Kusudama origami ornament ball was featured on the front page. How cool is that!!! I didn't even get to see it. :(



Luck or Karma? Earl will definitely say it's karma; I made a nice gesture and in return these nice things happened. I could just be lucky though, either way, I'm pretty happy!

To all the etsy sellers that are feeling down right now, keep your chin up, be persistent, keep creating what you love and that day will come for you when you'll feel that it is all worth it! ^_^

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey