Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Big Apple - Dial 7 Car Service

This post really should've came before the last one about the apartment, but better late than never, right? As you have noticed from my previous restaurant posts or for any future posts, I don't just like to talk about my experience, but I also post pictures of each dish. (I do apologize in advance that there will be a few posts regarding my dining experience that does not have the actual food that I ate, it is because I was too hungry and gobbled down the food before I took the camera out, and most likely cried out "OH NO!" when I realized what I have done.)

The reason why I like to do this is because I realize that a lot of times I would read reviews or do research on the web, and I find myself wanting to see photos of the actual item in question, and I'm often not satisfied with the photos that are provided by the company's website, cause you know how realistic those pictures can be, right? So now I try to take photos of most items I talk about here, which can benefit others and serve as a reminder for myself.

With that said, let's take a look at Dial 7 Car Service, shall we?

Not wanting to risk waiting in a long line for a cab ride, we decided to make reservation with a car service company to pick us up at the airport when we arrived. After doing some extensive research on the web, I narrowed it down to Carmel and Dial 7, which both received good reviews on tripadvisor.com, plus their rate are more reasonable. The prices for both companies are about the same, although I think Carmel is a few bucks cheaper, I decided on Dial 7 because someone mentioned that they look more professional.

I booked the least expensive vehicle, which was a 4 door sedan, and of course they do not have a photo on their website to show what kind of vehicle it is. It costs $45.00 to go from Newark International airport to Midtown Manhattan, which takes about 25 minutes with no traffic. Oh and the toll is an additional $9.00.

Here is a photo of the vehicle that came to pick us up. A black Toyota Camry Hybrid. I took this one hastily so I won't hold up traffic and cause an angry mob to beat me up, but there is a better picture further down the post.




We dialed the number that was provided to us to reach the dispatcher when we got off the plane, and was instructed to wait at the pick up 3 area. The vehicle came in less than 10 minutes and the driver was very friendly, polite, and professional. The vehicle was very clean and we learned that each of the driver actually owns the vehicle they drive.


I also reserved a vehicle to take us back to the airport, but unfortunately I do not have a photo of the car. I also booked a 4 door sedan, but we got an SUV, which was a nice surprise, and the driver was actually 5 minutes early. It costs $52.00 plus toll on the way back, which is a little bit more expensive; however, they do provide you with coupons after your first reservation and on your first receipt. So be smart and don't book both vehicles at once like I did and you'll be able to save a few bucks on your trip back to the airport.


The drivers for Dial 7 are very professional, puntual (which is a big deal), and provides good customer service. For my next trip back to the New York area, I would definitely dial 7 again!

4 comments:

Mac said...

Having a professional chauffer drives you to your destination and back, help ensure you are in good hands and will arrive safely.


New Hampshire Limo Service

Anonymous said...

Dial 7 is a good car service . My uncle work for them and he owns a suv ? What was te car # for the suv ?

bus shah alam said...

I have found very useful information over there, thanks for sharing this. please try to add more informative posts in order to keep us in touch.

singapore car leasing said...

I completely agree with the above comment, the internet is with a doubt growing into the most important medium of communication across the globe and its due to sites like this that ideas are spreading so quickly.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey