Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sneak Peek - Two heads are better than one

I feel like taking a break from writing about New York today and will let you guys in on a sneak peek of what I'm working on craft wise which will soon to be in my store.

I think many of us have seen or heard of the Japanese origami crane (if we have not already folded them ourselves). For those that are not familiar with the origami crane, an ancient Japanese legend says each paper crane can live a thousand years, and promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by the gods.
I really like folding paper cranes, they are fun to fold and the end product is very elegant, but I want to do something different, hence, two heads are better than one: twin sister cranes. Siamese style! :P
These two cranes are connected by the wing and no.... they are not glued together. They were folded from one single sheet of paper using the technique: Renzuru, which is an origami technique whereby one folds multiple cranes from a single sheet of paper.

I folded the purple one using a double sided origami paper, it seems to turned out pretty well.
Ok, break time is over for me, got to get folding if I want to get some cranes in my store next week. Hope you all are having a great relaxing weekend!

16 comments:

MONTERINES said...

I also added your link in my blog... Check it out.. Thanks for your work. Keep in touch

Anonymous said...

They are soo beautiful!! :) I wish I could make such things..

keep up the good work..

Ingrid

Beth said...

Those are great! When the Dillards opened at Tampa International Plaza, they had tons of white cranes hanging down the middle of the store. They were going up 3 stories--it looked awesome!

Anonymous said...

Those cranes look great! I've tried origami before, and got frustrated pretty quickly!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I love the two heads!

rkdsign88 said...

lovely lovely lovely & very elegant look. Now I will check your cute store too :)

Siddhartha said...

I used to make this paper model - but you have used beautiful origami paper to give it a better look. Keep it up.

syarlilady said...

Those look like the paper birds my mum used to teach me and my brothers when we were kids. Our first origami were the bird and the ship. I don't remember how to do them anymore. I've tried the kusudami flower. Love the results. Maybe I should make proper ones and post them on my blog too.

Anonymous said...

Wow...those are beautiful! Happy folding!

Kristin said...

I remember doing origami in school..following an instructional book. I was really terrible. And I am so glad you posted on my blog because I followed the links to your Etsy shop! It is so unique and lovely!
Take care,
Kristin

Unknown said...

hello

Anonymous said...

Wow those are just lovely. I can hardly fold a paper airplane so I'm just in awe....
Too neat!
Tracey

Eila said...

Beautiful work! I remembered a friend who just recently got married, originally thought of origami roses as a wedding souvenir,because she's been based in Japan for the last 6 years. But apparently, it didn't push through, because no one among us was able to learn the art of folding those papers. lol! so nobody can help her...lol! I wish I have the patience to learn it.

tracychong said...

The cranes are very nice. It's the first time I've seen multiple birds folded from one piece of paper.

Anonymous said...

I made cranes as decorations for my wedding and had one of these two-headed cranes for the top of my wedding cake. They are pretty cool!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I can make simple boxes. I recently learned to fold little hearts. I have *grand* respect for your talent!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey