Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend trip to the Big Apple


This year has officially been the most amount of travel we have done in a year. We have already been to L.A. (3 times), Wisconsin, Chicago, Beijing, and now we went to New York City for this past weekend.

I know I mentioned before how impromptu we like to travel; Friday rolls along: hey do you want to go to L.A.? Ok! and off we go hitting the road. For people we like to plan things in advance, or to most of my family and friends that is just outrageous, but to us, it's becoming kind of normal, however, I think we just went over the top this weekend, and this is officially the most impromptu trip we have ever taken!

How did this trip happen? Well, my boyfriend's friend from Germany just got to New York and will be starting his new job on Monday; they talked on the phone on Wed, and his friend mentioned that he was bored as he is new in town and doesn't know anyone so he invited us to visit him, and offered to put us up at his pad in Midtown Manhattan (sweet!!!). Of course, all of this had a half joking tone to it, I mean, fly from San Francisco to New York just for a weekend?!?! Who does that? Well, apparently we do!
On Thursday night, we found out that we could use our mileage for the trip and the cost for the flight would be relatively inexpensive, which was the number 1 reason holding us back. There were some other factors that we discussed and in the end we decided that we're going to NYC! Called his friend, booked our flight, packed our bags, and by early Saturday morning we were in Manhattan knocking on his door ready to hit the town.

It was such a surreal feeling, and even though this is after the fact, I am still amazed that we have actually went to New York. And of course I have taken my trusty camera with me and will be posting some pictures here shortly.

1 comments:

Soyun Park said...

Hope you enjoyed NYC.~
Soyun, NYC.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey